A familiar title to start with? Well, being the Computer Science Association, we feel nothing would suit us better than “Hello World!” as our first step in the blogging world. Now that we are here, its better to get a few things clear.
What we are not going to blog about:
- Articles already existing on the web. We use Google Reader to share those.
- Coolest of links and latest of news from the tech savvy world. Our Twitter updates tell you as much.
- Constant updates that tell you when our next event is or which room number it shall be conducted in. We use the public Google Group for that.
What we are going to blog about:
- Our newsletters which give you a BYTE of knowledge every fortnight.
- The history and reasons behind each event we conduct. Just a mention of the rules. This will be of course followed by a synopsis of that event.
- The ‘CSA’ perspective on the things that keep happening around us and get us interested. We share our opinions, our thoughts.
A special attraction:
Apart from the three broad headlines we have mentioned, we will also be having contributions from various sources in terms of innovative project ideas. We, at the association, plan to nurture such ideas and take them to completion. Further, these projects would be displayed at APOGEE, the ISO 9001:2008 international annual technical festival of BITS Pilani, Pilani campus. This year’s APOGEE will be its 28th edition, one of the oldest and biggest technical festivals in India.
Each blog decides to aim at a particular auidence: we are looking to target the average Computer Science enthusiast. Your feedback will perhaps be the most important thing for us, since no blog can run without its targetted audience showing some enthusiastic response. Rest assured, we will have a lot of fun in the days ahead.